Today we’ll be catching up on some useful things we’ve found in our inbox over the past week or so.
Tips for testing your landing page –
More about improving your conversions –
How to spy on your pay per click competitors – this can save a lot of time and money –
Bing Webmaster tools adds some good stuff –
Hopefully you will stay safe and sound if you’re on the East coast. It seems like they’re closing the casinos so they are at least taking things seriously.
Quotes this week I like –
John Carlton – he’s talking about how you have a circle of friends – your best friends are in your 7th circle – here’s what he says about them.
“”A trusted road dog who would take a bullet for you. True friend, who has had opportunities to prove his friendship and come through shining. He not only will tell you when you’ve got egg on your mustache… he’ll defend you when you’re not around.
You never borrow money from this road dog — he’s already pressed it into your hand, before a word was said. You don’t pay him back because of a contract — you do it because it’s the right thing to do.
And when you’re completely comfortable riding in silence for an hour together, you know you’ve hit Friendship Paydirt. You may argue, you may even not see each other for a few years as life intervenes…
… but when you re-engage, you just pick up the conversation where you left off.””
Good stuff from Roy Williams and his Monday Morning Memo –
“”My highest wish is that you should have a crystal clear vision of what you are trying to make happen.
1. See it clearly in your mind. This is the first step toward a happy ending.
2. Commit. Don’t waffle. Waffling diminishes focus, negates serendipity and triggers boredom.
3. Talk about it. Words are rockets that launch thoughts into reality.
4. Take action. The size of the action is less important than its relentless regularity. Miracles are made of Exponential Little Bits.
5. Don’t look where you don’t want to go.””
I think my favorite part there is don’t look where you don’t want to go… how true is that.